Cathy Jewell is a West Texas born and bred, singer, songwriter, radio personality, business woman and mom. Cathy’s style is full of energy and emotion. She began her musical journey born into a radio family. She comes from a long line of broadcasters in the radio business. In fact, Cathy began her own radio show as a disc jockey after school when she was only 13 years old! As she played artists like Dolly Parton, Reba McEntire, Merle Haggard, Crystal Gayle, and others, she began to develop her own style of singing and writing music.
Cathy began performing at an early age and enjoys singing as well as writing songs.
Some of her accomplishments and highlights include:
* 2020 CMA of Texas Artist of the Year
* 2019 AWA Pure Country Female Vocalist of the Year
* Top 5 Nominee 2015, 2017 and 2019 for AWA Pure Country Female of the Year and Song of the year
* Top 10 finalist for the Bob Phillips Texas Country Reporter Talent Competition
* Opening act for Don Williams in 2006 and again in 2013
* Performed as a special guest with Marty Raybon of the group Shenandoah
* Performed in the theatre of the Norwegian Cruise Ship
* Has sang the National Anthem for the Lubbock Cotton Kings, Marty Raybon, Richie McDonald as well as many rodeos.
* Opening act for Deana Carter, The Kendall’s and Bill Anderson in 2017
* Opening act for Johnny Lee in 2017 and T G Sheppard in 2018
* She sang “Yellow Rose of Texas” with Johnny Lee in 2017 and “You’re The Reason God Made Oklahoma” with David Frizzell in 2019. She sang “Does He Love You” with Linda Davis in 2019 at The Cactus Theater.
* Opening act for Jody Nix
* Bill Mack gave her the song “Please Blue Moon” which was a top 5 AWA Pure Country Song of the Year in 2018
* Little David Wilkins endorsed Cathy to record his 70’s hit “One Monkey Don’t Stop No Show”
* Cathy’s Radio Station has received the Radio Station of the Year from AMG (Artist Music Guild) in 2016, AWA (Academy of Western Artists) in 2017 and CMA of Texas in 2019.
* Cathy was a guest on the Penny Gilley show on RFD-TV in 2018
* 2016 Independent Music Network Discovery Artist of the Year and 2016 Independent Music Network Inspirational Song of the Year with “You & Me” (a song she penned).
* Her CD “Mirror Mirror” was nominated for Album of the Year in 2016 with the Academy of Western Artists.
* Brand new CD “Please Blue Moon” was released in 2019 and has been nominated for Pure Country Album Of The Year from the Academy of Western Artists
* Her music is being played on radio stations across the United States as well as the U.K. including Scotland, Ireland and England.
* It is also being played on radio in Canada, Scandinavia, New Zealand, Australia, Denmark, Germany and Holland.
* She has been featured several times on the Sounds Of Texas syndicated radio show with Tumbleweed Smith.
* Cathy has 3 CD’s. The first CD is self-titled . The second CD is “Mirror Mirror” and her new CD is entitied “Please Blue Moon”. She is currently working on a gospel CD projected to be finished by December 2020. All feature her own originals as well as other country original songs and some country cover tunes.
You can find Cathy online at such sites as:
Call for bookings at 806-778-7911 or 806-924-7787. Email address is email@example.com.Cathy can perform solo or with a full band.
Traditional Country, originals and gospel